Wednesday, December 19, 2012
From time to time I still like to log into STO and play for a bit. As the message above will indicate I have been having some difficulty in accessing STO and the website. The spinning wheel of submission you see has been doing so for the past 10 minutes now and it is my second attempt.
To sum up the problem
1. I am unable to log into STO.
2. I am unable to access the website.
3. I am unable to submit a trouble ticket to the support system.
Makes you wonder just how far or how long someone should go to use a product. What makes this even more aggravating is the fact that I had just logged into STO 3 days ago without any problems, but from time to time I get stuck with their obviously flawed account linking system. Anyone else ever have similar problems?
Oh and I just checked again and the wheel is still spinning.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Final list of changes between 8.1 and 8.0 can be found below. Please, take into account that the date for the 8.1 update release has yet to be finalized. Stay tuned and follow the news!
- Added base British Tech Tree: medium tanks branch with FV4202 as Tier 10 and heavy tanks with FV215 as Tier 10 tank.
- Following Premium vehicles were added to in-game store: Tier 7 Soviet TD SU-122-44, Tier 7 German MT Panther M-10, Tier 6 German MT Pz IV Schmalturm
- Following maps were reworked and optimized for new render graphics:
- Dragon Ridge
- ‘Dragon Ridge’ map re-introduced to random battles
- ‘Prokhorovka’ Assault map removed
- Inscriptions on USSR tanks were reworked for better visibility and entertainment value
- Inscriptions of all nations were reworked to be readable from a distance
- Added ability to purchase premium rounds using credits in addition to the current gold variant (prices are based on 1 gold = 400 credits exchange rates) Read more here.
- ‘Insufficient credits’ status added to the module hint
- Added the ability for a platoon creator to exclude game modes for the platoon – this means that platoon will enter only the game modes which are selected in platoon creator's options
- Adjusted the rate at which the tank burns down for the majority of tanks (minor adjustment)
- Added Object 263 to the description of the ‘Lion of Sinai’ achievement
- Many objects on several maps were optimized for new render system
- Optimized drawing speed of some small objects
- Fixed incorrect brightness effects (too dark or too light) on some maps
- Fixed the performance drop for several hardware configurations
- Fixed rare issue which caused player be placed into game modes they previously excluded
- Fixed the situation where selecting one of the game modes to be excluded caused the player to be excluded from a non selected game mode (ex: blocking encounter actually blocked assault)
- Fixed the bug which launched the tank into the air after it drove inside a bunker
- Fixed the errors for certain objects and lighting on maps ‘Ruinberg’, ‘Widepark’, ‘El-Halluf’, ‘Airfield’ and ‘Himmelsdorf’
- Removed tank shadow from the garage when the vehicle is still in baltte
- Removed gap between tank and surface in standard garage
- Fixed mistakes in models for the following vehicles:
- Pz IV Schmalturm
- VK 3002 DB, VK 3001(H)
- Fixed mistakes in display of camouflage patters on SU-100-M1
- Fixed incorrect display of emblems and inscriptions on following vehicles:
- AMX 13F3AM
- D2, SU-122-54
- MkVII Tetrarch
- AMX 50 120
- Fixed the display of the damage panel for SPGs (the display in the lower left of the battle HUD) to show an actual SPG
- Fixed the display of SU-122-54 turret armoring
- Fixed the slope angle of lower armor plate of IS-7 (changed to historical)
- Fixed the slope angle of lower armor plate of IS-3 (changed to historical) as well as bottom armor
- Fixed poor visibility of the projectile when firing in sniper mode
- Fixed rare "freeze" of the game at start of battle
- Fixed rare "freeze" of the game when exiting to garage
- Fixed severe FPS drop, which happened 2-3 seconds after entering Sniper
- Fixed water display artifacts with enabled antialiasing
- Fixed the incorrect re-initialization of dynamic shadows after switching over to the game using Alt+Tab
- Fixed the display of grass in Sniper Mode with this option disabled
- Fixed rare incorrect interaction between water and fog
- Fixed many small interface errors of after battle statistics window
- Fixed error of replaying the base capture sound during replay pause
- Fixed the rare error with stop of replay reproduction after rewinding
- Chat messages returned to replays
- Fixed battle replay is not ending when the battle is over
- Fixed inability to resume battle recording after turning it on/off
- Fixed the incorrect work of minimap in Clan Wars battles (with Fog of War enabled)
- Fixed the impossibility to reconnect to Clan Wars battle if replays are enabled
- Fixed the memory leak upon radial menu opening
- Fixed the update of tank icons in nation tree in research menu
- Fixed the incorrect status for researched modules on vehicles that have not yet been researched
- Fixed the intersection of ammo rack blow-up icon with damage numbers
- Fixed the incorrect sound for hitting a stone surface
- Fixed the loading of battle menu where it required two presses of the Esc button
- Fixed rare bug with unavailability of mouse cursor in battle menu window
- Fixed some small errors in ‘Exterior’ menu window
- Fixed some grammar errors in German inscriptions
- Fixed the problem of suspension if account was online for more than 25 hours
- Fixed incorrect display of penetration mark after ricochet
- Fixed the impossibility of taking a screenshot with active battle chat
- Fixed the display of 3 types of shells in Garage for tanks which have only 2 types of ammunition
- Upon opening the free XP conversion window, any elite vehicle that does not have all of its modules researched due to the addition or change of the vehicle in a previous update will be unchecked by default
- Fixed emblem: added Myanmar flag, corrected description for Taiwan flag
- Clarified terms for receiving the award "Sentinel"
- Fixed hanging up of the camera when giving a command in the Radial Menu
- Fixed the missing skill training percentage when choosing a crew member
Friday, October 26, 2012
To commemorate the Second Battle of El Alamein which took place over 13 days from 23 October to 4 November 1942, we're offering up a few discounts on some American and German armor, and boost to crew experience for everyone. The Second Battle of El Alamein was the first significant action involving the iconic M4 Sherman, so it's getting some extra attention this time around.
Starting at 4:30AM PST (11:30 UTC) on October 26, 2012 and lasting until October 29, 2012 at 4:00AM PST (11:00 UTC), the following discounts and bonuses will be active. Time Zone Converter
50% credit discount on the following vehicles:
- M3 Stuart
- M3 Lee
- PzKpfw III
- M7 Priest
- M4 Sherman
- PzKpfw IV
- M4 Sherman
- M3 Stuart
- M3 Lee
- PzKpfw III
- M7 Priest
- PzKpfw IV
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Although I did not start playing the game at launch I was there early enough to remember the “Good Ole Days” of Vanilla WOW. I can still remember the seemingly endless time it took for The Burning Crusade to launch and I was there on day one for Wrath of the Lich King and was there a week after Cataclysm launched. I was a Beta tester for two expansions and have dumped hundreds of dollars into the coffers of Blizzard. I have read almost every WoW related novel ever released and count an original Azeroth Atlas among my book collection. So with the fourth expansion of World of Warcraft freshly released, one would expect me to already be playing it, if not making plans to purchase it, but the reality is I have no plans to purchase or play Pandaria at all.
Admittedly this has left me feeling a little strange, kinda out of sorts or misplaced even, as I should be eagerly ready to dive into the new content and leveling up my beloved Paladin that was the origin of my online name. Instead I am completely without intrigue and have almost completely forgotten the expansion even exists. While I did stop playing WoW early on in the life time of Cataclysm, (I did have two characters at max level) I had previously had taken breaks from the game in the past, but always had found my way back, especially by the next expansion. Mists of Pandaria will be different for me and as an avid gamer and fan of all things Azeroth, I must say I am surprised the urge to play isn't stronger.
I can not give an honest opinion on MoP as I have not played a single moment of game time in the expansion, so I will not even attempt to rate it or give commentary on it, but the desire to play the game is just not there nor do I believe it ever will be. For that matter, nothing about MoP has excited me in the least bit as previous expansions have. The first ever announcements of the first three expansions got me excited. Waiting for the release and then watching those great cinematic trailers always got me ready to go. MoP's release announcement, features list and trailer left me feeling a little meh to be honest. Nothing in the content information grabbed me and although well done as usual, the trailer did not evoke any urgency in me to get into the game.
I guess Kung Fu Pandas, Pet battles, the Monk class and the like were not the ground breaking content updates I loved in the past. The one part of the game that I feel would be worth logging into for was the renewed war between the Horde and the Alliance, but from what I have seen this has been down played for other features. I desire and look for that feeling of impending doom that the Burning Legion, the Lich King and Death Wing gave me. Hellscream and Pandas just are not cutting for me. This post is not intended to be a knock on MoP or World of Warcraft for that matter as I am sure the game is still an excellent product and at times fun to play. The reality is, at least for this gamer its best days for WoW are gone and are never going to return and that makes me a sad Panda indeed.