Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Behind the Pack

Two games I have been waiting for, Battlefield 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic, have been released and to date I have yet to get them. BF3 has been out since October and SWTOR was released on December 20th. Normally I would be crawling the walls in uncontrollable anguish by now, but have found that although the desire to play these games is still there, the actual act of getting them hasn't happened yet.

This delay can be attributed to several things and I know its just a matter of time before I make these purchases. I am presently spending my time playing World of Tanks and LOTRO as these games have consumed much of my available gaming time. Also I do believe spending 2 months playing SWTOR's Beta has lessened my immediate need to check the game out.

The problem I know I will face once I start playing these games is the fact that I will be very far behind my friends in the leveling process. In BF3 my enemies will be using the most advanced weapons to be unlocked while I will be stuggling along with my starter weapons. While in SWTOR many players (Probably some already have made it) will be sitting at the level cap as I am starting to get going.

I have never been overly concerned in the past of being behind the mark of leveling as I tend to play the game at my own pace, but the fact remains that I am now officially behind the curve and will be playing catch up to friends and enemies alike. Anyone else out there having the same problem as me? What has caused your delay?



No comments: