Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How to make trips Epic

Melmoth at Killed in a Smiling Accident has a post up about questing while away. As usual he has a interesting way of looking at life and games and making it humorous. Its amazing how easily life can parody what we do in games, but how little of what we do in a game would be allowed in life.

                      My three-year-old daughter has a fascination with pine cones, something which becomes somewhat of an obsession when presented with a forest packed to the canopy with conifers. I made the most of the situation by setting her tasks to collect certain numbers of pine cones and return them to me. When she returned with the correct number I would offer her the choice of a plastic sword or an item of clothing from her suitcase, the latter of which she quickly learned could be equipped in order to improve her resistance to elemental damage. If she brought me an incorrect number of pine cones, I would either ignore her entirely, or incessantly repeat the same nonsensical sentence to her until she went away and collected the correct number.

Check out the rest of the post here and enjoy a good read.

No comments: