Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

There and Back Again - A Hobbits Tale...and Back Again...and Back....Again


Being that I am a big fan of the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien, making my way in and around the shire has been an enjoyable trip...the first time.




Sprigleys farm, The Hunting Lodge and Archet are all really neat and fun to visit, I'm just not sure they need to see me so often. One thing that holds true to all MMO's that I have played is the constant back and forth the Quests tend to make you do. I sometimes think that NPC quest givers are quietly chuckling to themselfs after watching us run off yet again to the place they just sent us to a minute ago.



"Ah hello again brave adventurer, so glad to see you made it back safely. Here ya go.. as promised ninety copper coins."

"Phew damn that farm is far...Thanks...(Cough)... It was tough but I seem to have managed alright...just a tab bit winded is all."

"Yes, yes very well done indeed ...there's just one more thing."

"What's that? You have further need of me? Is it something that can wait till the morning?"

"Oh no, I'm afraid it is of dire concern and requires immediate attention...BEFORE IT'S TO LATE."

"Really? (sigh) ok how can I help?"

"There seems to be a small spider infestation that has sprung up and I think your just the man for the job."

"Hmmm I see well no rest for the weary I guess, where to?"

"Sprigleys farm."

"WHAT??...for the love of god man I just came from there."



As characters we take such abuse from our quest givers that I wonder how many we would gladly cut down if given the chance.

No comments: