Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Box Vs Digital

Preorder announcements are truly exciting times as they are usually call outs for the upcoming release of a game. Except for maybe Battlefield 3, no other game announced this year has intrigued my suppressed eagerness like SWTOR has. There are so many things that are pointing to this being a really good game that it’s a given that I will be making this purchase. With BioWare announcing the availability of Preorders for this game it’s just a matter of time before I am exploring the fabled galaxy far, far away.  

If we exclude the recently announced Collectors Edition for $150 (a little bit too much for me) which is limited to 500,000 purchases, we have multiple options for which to buy this game including both digital and retail. Several digital packages are available each offering a variety of in game goodies to wet your appetite and are probably the easiest way to jump right into things. We also have the traditional method of walking into a store and purchasing a boxed copy complete with real, tangible disks.

Now call me old fashioned, but I just love buying an actual copy of the game and having it to keep. Not that there is anything wrong with a digital copy, but I guess I just like to own an actual physical item for my money. I do understand that the discs and packaging are worthless without the digital software on it, but I truly do enjoy opening and installing a brand new purchase instead of just downloading it. If the option is open to me I have always purchased a physical copy versus a download and I doubt I will change for this game or BF3.



What about you guys? What is your chosen method of obtaining your favorite games? Does it ultimately matter to you or are you just looking for the quickest way in?

                         

No comments: