Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Diplomacy is Supreme



Good diplomacy in games is often hard to find and even if it surfaces its usually an after thought. In Supremacy 1914 it is often vital to winning. Case in point is one of my present contests. The image above is the present condition of my game in which myself (United Kingdom, Orange) is allied with Italy (Yellow) and Lithuania (Light Green). The other major players are Ukraine (Grey) and Algeria (Darker Green). Now it becomes tricky in the fact that Lithuania is also allied with Ukraine. Algeria and Ukraine are preparing to attack Italy and have asked me to stay out of the fight. I have hatched a plan with Italy and Lithuania to use our battleships to choke off Algeria and then assault ukraine together.

The tricky part of this is that I am not sure I can trust Lithuania. If he decides to attack italy and Myself instead of going with the plan then this game is probably over. if he sides with us we stand a good chance of winning. Either way its this kind of diplomacy and counter diplomacy that keeps me playing this game. When you add in Spies and Intercepted messages it really takes it to the next level.

Ill let you guys know how this turns out.

No comments: