Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goodbye Letter to First Love



I can still remember it like it was yesterday. The sun was bright upon my face from the noon day sky as the gentle calling of an unseen bird filled my ears and the sweet smell of blossoming flowers washed over me with every breath. I was young and eager then, willing to take on anything I came across, but I was also naïve and ill-prepared for the journey ahead. I thought I knew what I was getting myself into, thought I had a handle on things, but you taught me that I was wrong. It seems like a lifetime has passed between us although it has only been but a handful of years.

              Right from the beginning, you have been both my savior and my villainess. For every helping hand you have given me, you have denied me help just as much. The trials and Tribulations I have endured alone are equal to the ones I have conquered with you as my guide. The journey of my life is etched across your face, both the scars and the healing. I would not be the man I am today without you, could not have grown like I have without you or learned as much as I have without you.

            I have become wiser in so many things and learned much the hard way. I have been a leader of many and with their help completed incredible tasks and achieved great goals. However no matter how high I have climbed, you have always been there to humble me and remind me that I am just one man. The scars on my body are proof enough of the hard lessons I have had to learn along the way.

Through it all I have always marveled at your beauty and have done everything I can to protect you and keep those that would from destroying you. Although you have never asked for my help, I have tried my best to defend you in your times of need and you have in return blessed me with so much. But the one thing that neither of us can do is stop time and Even though you are much more scarred than I am, I believe that I have weathered the ordeals less than you.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am tired and I am struggling daily to continue this fight. I will always treasure you more than you’ll ever know and I long for the days of old, but I am afraid my time with you is drawing to a close. I am planning a new journey, one that will take me far from you and I don’t know at this time if I will ever be able to return. So in the event that we never meet again I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed our time together and hope that you do well in the future.

Man, I just can’t get over the fact that this is goodbye. There are so many fond memories that I have of my time with you, so many things that still bring a smile to my face... Hey you remember that time in Stormwind when my friends and I ran through the streets in our underwear making train sounds? Kind of embarrassing today, but we were plastered when we did it after having that big party. I can’t even remember all of the heroic battles that are in the past. Hyjal, Blackrock Mountain, Zul Gurub, Karazhan, and so many others I cant name them all.

Well I've rambled on quite long enough and I don't believe I have expressed just how much I owe you. I guess that's it then huh, words can never express what is in our hearts or the real gratitude we feel. I guess all that is left for me to do is wish you well Azeroth. I am moving on to other things and am hanging up my sword and shield. Who Knows maybe someday I may return, but I get the feeling this is it. If we don't see each other again it's been real.

No comments: